A comprehensive, up-to-date and business-focused roadmap to success in delivering solar power growth, today and tomorrow
Attendees will gain a good understanding of the key factors from an integrated, multidisciplinary and commercial viewpoint, including: target market analysis, economic competitiveness, channels-to-market, financing influences and risk, project development processes, best practices and emerging technologies.
The course schedule includes illustrations of key project development considerations, including energy yield, financial and other simple calculations, along with the chance to discuss key planning and market environment considerations.
In keeping with the business-focused theme of the course, these illustrative exercises are designed to provide time-efficient clarification of the key course takeaways, aimed at commercially-focused business developers and investors. They are therefore accessible to non-experts, not designed to replicate the complex or in-depth detailed planning undertaken – over much longer periods! – by engineers and technical teams.
● What makes a solar power plant?
● Solar resource assessment and project design
● Solar project development and delivery
● Selling solar power
● The economics and financing of solar power projects
Benefits of Attending
● Speak the language of solar energy: terminology and concepts explained with clarity and relevance
● Understand the key variables determining the economics of solar PV projects
● Review current and emerging market opportunities for solar PV, including integrations such as energy storage
● Navigate the typical project development requirements, processes and risks
● Learn and discuss how financial returns and risks arise in PV projects
● Be better able to converse with project partners, suppliers, investors, policymakers and other stakeholders
● Know what to look for when evaluating PV project opportunities
● Identify key investment and project performance risks
● Learn how to analyse and critique current and emerging business models
Event Categories: Event: Training & Workshops, Sector: Photovoltaic Energy and Solar Events